- Works well with TVs from 50 ”- 90”.
- Can be wall-mounted, placed upright on furniture, or placed "flat" on furniture.
- Room-filling 3D sound from a single aluminum cabinet.
- AccuVoice hearing aid technology with six levels of voice boost.
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming from your phone or tablet.
- Dual built-in subwoofers produce great bass without external subwoofer.
- Works with your current remote control.
- Output Leveling tames loud commercials.
- Multiple inputs make it simple to add a multi-zone streaming audio receiver.
- Dimensions: 43.9"W x 3.3"D x 5.7"H
IS THIS THE BEST SOUND BAR EVER?
For years when people thought of sound bars they thought of compromise. “This isn’t great, but it’s good enough.” The SB500 changed that. It combines three “insanely great” speakers, two internal powered subwoofers, a powerhouse 140 watt digital amplifier, an aluminum cabinet and a state of the art digital processor. The results literally shocked the experts. We saw the jaws drop on hardened skeptics when they first heard the SB500. It is extraordinary. As one reviewer said, “This is no mid-fi sound bar.”
THIN HAS NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD.
The SB500 uses two 4” long-throw powered subwoofers controlled by intricate computer algorithms to produce bass that is simply startling. Just over 3” deep, the SB500 can fill even a very large room with theater-quality sound – including thunderous bass down to 42 Hz.. Sound & Vision Magazine gave the SB500 their highest honor -- the "Top Pick" Award -- saying “It’s a remarkable standalone solution and, given the performance of the integrated subwoofer system and the superb build quality, an excellent value."
“Amazingly box-less, spacious, and resolved. This is no mid-fi soundbar."
The Absolute Sound Magazine
“The SB500 does produce very good sound indeed, and better value for money than most sound bars we've tested.."
“I have one word. WOW." ."
Don Lindich, San Jose Mercury News
Put it on the wall or in front of your tv.
The SB500 gives you choices. You can wall-mount it below your TV, using the hanger-slots built into the back panel. Or you can place it upright on furniture below or above your TV. Or you can place it “on its back” in a low-profile horizontal position right in front of your TV.
SIX LEVELS OF DIALOGUE BOOST LETS YOU TAILOR THE SOUND TO YOUR NEEDS.
The SB500 offers six levels of voice boost using our patented hearing aid technology. Each new level delivers stronger dialogue emphasis, while minimizing the non-vocal parts of the soundtrack. The results are remarkable. Voices are clear and easy to understand, even at extremely low volumes. You'll hear every word, even on poorly mixed programs or British programs.
Great Sound.The SB500 uses a new amplifier design and very high grade speakers with extremely accurate frequency response and creates a warm, natural sound and surprisingly powerful bass.
PhaseCue® Virtual Surround Sound.ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing gives you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. Sound & Vision magazine calls it "remarkably ingenious."
Built-In Bluetooth Wireless Audio.The system includes high quality Bluetooth wireless streaming. It includes aptX, which allows for the best possible sound quality via Bluetooth.
Disappearing Display.The SB500 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble and PhaseCue® (virtual surround) - and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or AccuVoice (ACCU) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
elegant aluminum Cabinet.The SB500 features an extruded aluminum cabinet that is light but acoustically rigid. Because the cabinet has such thin walls, the internal volume is relatively large – allowing for “big” sound from a slim package.
• Dimensions: 43.9" W x 3.3" D x 5.7" H• Weight: 12.6 pounds. With box and packing: 18 pounds. • Amplifier: high-efficiency 140 watt Class D digital amplifier. • Rear inputs: (1) analog stereo input1, (2) optical (Toslink) digital input, (1) Subwoofer Output. • Bluetooth for streaming music wirelessly from your phone, tablet or computer. • Frequency range: 42 Hz - 20 kHz. • Bi-amplified design uses electronic contouring for accurate frequency response. • Two 4" subwoofers use a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure. • Three 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound. • The SB500 features an extruded aluminum cabinet that is light but acoustically rigid. Because the cabinet has such thin walls, the internal volume is relatively large – allowing for “big” sound from a slim package. • 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz. • One year limited parts and labor warranty.
I just received my new sb 500 sound bar it's replacing the first gen. sb 500. The 6 levels of auccvoice are worth the cost of the upgrade. on the first gen. sb500 the one level worked good for me but with this second gen. sb 500 I use the 3rd level of auccvoice and that just brings the voices right where I can hear them the best. And I have to thank Mr. Baez for a quick response to a question I had. I gave my first gen. sb 500 to a good friend and him and his wife are very happy with it as they had no sound bar before and now they can hear the words much better than before. So if your on the fence of updating from the older version to the new version I did and I think it is worth it to do so.
Great sounding product,.....great price!
Very simple to set up and use. Our 3 yr old can operate with or with out the universal remote (with Bluetooth also).
The SB500 is a great sounding unit with good controls and easy setup.
The enhancement of the voice quality is quite good. I don't really thikng the "surround" sound is all that great. I played some Star Wars DVD's and the sounds that are supposed to go "around" are just not there despite have the surround on the top level. I wish there was a way to enhance it somehow since I have speakers behind that could push that sound out.