- Works well with TVs from 50 ”- 90”.
- Can be wall-mounted, placed upright on furniture, or placed "flat" on furniture.
- Room-filling 3D sound from a single aluminum cabinet.
- AccuVoice hearing aid technology with six levels of voice boost.
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming from your phone or tablet.
- Dual built-in subwoofers produce great bass without external subwoofer.
- Works with your current remote control.
- Output Leveling tames loud commercials.
- Multiple inputs make it simple to add a multi-zone streaming audio receiver.
- Dimensions: 43.9"W x 3.3"D x 5.7"H
IS THIS THE BEST SOUND BAR EVER?
For years when people thought of sound bars they thought of compromise. “This isn’t great, but it’s good enough.” The SB500 changed that. It combines three “insanely great” speakers, two internal powered subwoofers, a powerhouse 140 watt digital amplifier, an aluminum cabinet and a state of the art digital processor. The results literally shocked the experts. We saw the jaws drop on hardened skeptics when they first heard the SB500. It is extraordinary. As one reviewer said, “This is no mid-fi sound bar.”
THIN HAS NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD.
The SB500 uses two 4” long-throw powered subwoofers controlled by intricate computer algorithms to produce bass that is simply startling. Just over 3” deep, the SB500 can fill even a very large room with theater-quality sound – including thunderous bass down to 42 Hz.. Sound & Vision Magazine gave the SB500 their highest honor -- the "Top Pick" Award -- saying “It’s a remarkable standalone solution and, given the performance of the integrated subwoofer system and the superb build quality, an excellent value."
“Amazingly box-less, spacious, and resolved. This is no mid-fi soundbar."
The Absolute Sound Magazine
“The SB500 does produce very good sound indeed, and better value for money than most sound bars we've tested.."
“I have one word. WOW." ."
Don Lindich, San Jose Mercury News
Put it on the wall or in front of your tv.
The SB500 gives you choices. You can wall-mount it below your TV, using the hanger-slots built into the back panel. Or you can place it upright on furniture below or above your TV. Or you can place it “on its back” in a low-profile horizontal position right in front of your TV.
SIX LEVELS OF DIALOGUE BOOST LETS YOU TAILOR THE SOUND TO YOUR NEEDS.
The SB500 offers six levels of voice boost using our patented hearing aid technology. Each new level delivers stronger dialogue emphasis, while minimizing the non-vocal parts of the soundtrack. The results are remarkable. Voices are clear and easy to understand, even at extremely low volumes. You'll hear every word, even on poorly mixed programs or British programs.
Great Sound.The SB500 uses a new amplifier design and very high grade speakers with extremely accurate frequency response and creates a warm, natural sound and surprisingly powerful bass.
PhaseCue® Virtual Surround Sound.ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing gives you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. Sound & Vision magazine calls it "remarkably ingenious."
Built-In Bluetooth Wireless Audio.The system includes high quality Bluetooth wireless streaming. It includes aptX, which allows for the best possible sound quality via Bluetooth.
Disappearing Display.The SB500 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble and PhaseCue® (virtual surround) - and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or AccuVoice (ACCU) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
elegant aluminum Cabinet.The SB500 features an extruded aluminum cabinet that is light but acoustically rigid. Because the cabinet has such thin walls, the internal volume is relatively large – allowing for “big” sound from a slim package.
• Dimensions: 43.9" W x 3.3" D x 5.7" H• Weight: 12.6 pounds. With box and packing: 18 pounds. • Amplifier: high-efficiency 140 watt Class D digital amplifier. • Rear inputs: (1) analog stereo input1, (2) optical (Toslink) digital input, (1) Subwoofer Output. • Bluetooth for streaming music wirelessly from your phone, tablet or computer. • Frequency range: 42 Hz - 20 kHz. • Bi-amplified design uses electronic contouring for accurate frequency response. • Two 4" subwoofers use a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure. • Three 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound. • The SB500 features an extruded aluminum cabinet that is light but acoustically rigid. Because the cabinet has such thin walls, the internal volume is relatively large – allowing for “big” sound from a slim package. • 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz. • One year limited parts and labor warranty.
I went to this model mainly because of the subwoofer output port connection and that is working beautifully for me. I am using and enjoying all 3 input options (TV OPT1, DVD/CD player OPT2, and Computer ANL3) and I must admit sounds great. Only thing that bothered me is the digital display... gives off annoying glare with morning daylight from opposite side of the room and room lighting in the evening. Should have used a matte finish on that.
Unless you want to spend $1,000 or more for a soundbar system, this is the soundbar for you! Outstanding sound and I love the "Accuvoice" option - I can finally hear the dialogue without having to turn up the volume. The bass level is great for TV, but if you listen to music through your TV, you might want to add a separate sub woofer (the SB500 now has a sub-out jack... just make sure the sub woofer has an adjustable level option). The SB500 really compliments the width of my 50" TV, since it is 44" wide. It's refreshing to see that the ZVOX is made in the USA!! Great customer service and support as well... I was very impressed with ZVOX's staff - very polite and they know their products inside and out!
Excellent clear sound and very easy set up.
This is my 2nd Zvox, bought a 55” TV , wanted a bigger sound bar! Very satisfied! Fast delivery. Questions answered by e-mail. Thank you! Joseph
This sound bar is awesome. Easy to setup, and is very clear sounding. Very easy to switch from action sounding movie with lots of effective sounds to hearing the voices more with the push of a button. We don't have to turn up the volume just to hear what people are saying. Works well with my TV and my remote.