- AccuVoice hearing aid technology with 12 levels of voice boost.
- Includes new SuperVoice technology to reduce distracting background sounds.
- Three 2"x3” high-output full-range speakers.
- 24 watt Class D digital amplifier.
- Dolby™ Digital decoding.
- PhaseCue virtual surround delivers room-filling 3D sound from one small cabinet.
- New remote control uses large buttons with easy to read labels.
- One optical digital toslink, input, one 3.5mm analog.
- One headphone/subwoofer output jack.
- Bright, Easy to read Alphanumeric display.
- Can be used on furniture or wall mounted.
- Dimensions: 17"w x 3 3/8"d x 2 7/8"h – 2.8 lbs (3.1 lbs with power supply cord)
twelve LEVELS OF DIALOGUE BOOST LETS YOU TAILOR THE SOUND TO YOUR NEEDS.
The AV157 uses 12 levels of dialogue boost – 6 stages of AccuVoice boost plus 6 stages of our new SuperVoice technology. SuperVoice takes dialogue clarity to a new level by dramatically reducing non-vocal background sounds. This new technology sets a new standard for the audio industry. The results are simply amazing. No other product offers so much flexibility and voice clarity enhancement.
IT'S NOT ABOUT LOUDNESS. IT'S ABOUT CLARITY.
If you can't understand voices on TV, what do you do? Turn it up! The problem is that when you turn it up, you turn EVERYTHING up -- not just the voices. So background sounds, music and sound effects all get louder, and prevent you from understanding dialogue. But the AV157 uses proprietary digital algorithms that separate the voices from the rest of the soundtrack -- and then manipulate them much like a hearing aid does. The result is uncanny. Voices simply "jump out" of the soundtrack so you can hear them clearly.
EASY TO INSTALL.
The AV157 is so small (17” wide) you can put it just about anywhere. And it works well above or below your TV, or to the left or right. Hookup is simple – just one connecting wire to your TV. Then plug it in the wall, turn down the sound on your TV speakers, and you get high quality sound and clear voices on every program. It’s so easy to use it has a one-page owner’s manual.
TAMING LOUD COMMERCIALS.
If you've ever been blasted out of your chair by a too-loud commercial - you'll love our Output Leveling (OL) feature. It’s incorporated in the Accuvoice Modes OR you can turn it on by using the “Other Settings” button. A sophisticated processor takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on. This system also helps by boosting the audio levels from a DVD or Blu Ray player that are not loud enough.