- Works well with TVs up to 55" in size (TV pedestal/feet should be 27" wide or less).
- High quality room-filling 3D sound from one slim cabinet - no external speakers or speaker wires.
- AccuVoice feature uses hearing aid technology for super-clear dialog reproduction.
- Built-in subwoofer for excellent bass on music and movies.
- Fits under your TV or on furniture below - simple one-wire hookup. One page manual!
NO. YOU DON’T HAVE TO SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRITY.
Most home theaters in this price range are just glorified plastic boom boxes. But the SoundBase 440 is a sophisticated surround sound system with startling performance and great features. Our world-class design team implemented five speakers and the PhaseCue virtual surround system to realistic theater-style sound from a compact 28” x 14.5” cabinet. It uses a built-in 5.25” woofer for outstanding bass – no big black woofer box on the floor! Just place the 440 on a piece of furniture, then put your 32” – 55” TV on top* and connect one cable. It's simple! (*TV pedestal/feet should be 27” wide or less.)
WOOD CABINET. QUALITY SPEAKERS. DIGITAL AMP. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL.
Most home theaters in this price range use plastic cabinets and "so so" speakers. But the SoundBase 440 features a wood (MDF) cabinet, high quality long-excursions speakers and woofer, and a low-distortion digital amplifier. The PhaseCue virtual surround system creates 3D sound throughout your room. This is a real home theater.
CAN'T UNDERSTAND TV DIALOGUE? ACCUVOICE SOLVES THAT!
ZVOX's proprietary AccuVoice technology literally lifts voices out of the sound track - and then modifies the voices using hearing aid technology. We have never heard dialogue this clear and sharp. You'll hear every word, even on poorly mixed programs or British programs.CNET says “Great for folks who have trouble hearing the TV.”
ZVOX TAMES LOUD COMMERCIALS.
If you've ever been blasted out of your chair by a too-loud commercial - you'll love our Output Leveling (OL) feature. Just push the OL button and a sophisticated processor takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on.
GREAT SOUND.If you've ever been blasted out of your chair by a too-loud commercial - you'll love our Output Leveling (OL) feature. Just push the OL button and a sophisticated processor takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on.
PhaseCue® Virtual Surround Sound.ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing gives you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. Sound & Vision magazine calls it "remarkably ingenious."
Disappearing Display.The 440 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble and PhaseCue® (virtual surround) - and also shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or AccuVoice (ACCU) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
Wood (MDF) Cabinet.The 440 features a hand-built cabinet of heavy MDF. Its low-profile design blends perfectly with flat-panel TVs up to about 50" in size (depending on the style of base used by the TV).
• Dimensions: 28" W x 14.5" D x 3.5" H
• Weight: 15.3 pounds. With box and packing: 19.7 pounds.
• Amplifier: high-efficiency 45 watt Class D digital amplifier.
• Rear inputs: (2) analog stereo inputs, (1) optical (Toslink) digital input, (1) coaxial digital input.
• Frequency range: 50 Hz - 20 kHz.
• Bi-amplified design uses electronic contouring for accurate frequency response.
• The 440's 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design in a ported enclosure.
• The 440's five 2" main speaker drivers use a long-throw design to create remarkably wide range, accurate sound.
• Unlike most systems in its category, the 440 uses an MDF (medium density fiberboard) wood cabinet - instead of molded plastic. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance speaker systems.
• 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
• One year limited parts and labor warranty.
We are now hearing nearly all of the words of the movies watched since installing. We don’t need hearing aids yet so the 440 is sufficient for our needs. On my recommendation both my sisters decided to get a ZVOX and one sister has installed a 200 and very happy also.
He loves it!
Easy to install, my hearing impaired husband with hearing aids really appreciates the clarity and losing the blare of commercials.
SoundBase 440 28"
Installation is simple thanks to the documentation to follow. Sound is very good. The Accuvoice works well. But, at times, the sync is off when people are speaking vs the words being said. The words/voices are just a bit behind the visual of their lips. This does not happen all the time. It is not affected by the settings for Accuvoice or any others. It just happens. I have not been able to determine if this is a ZVOX problem or is related to the new TV. But that's why I gave 4 stars instead of 5.
Hi Guys, I was disappointed when my Z Vox 420 stopped working after only 7 years but I loved while it lasted so I decided to replace it instead of getting it fixed. So I bought a 440 sound base and it is almost a direct replacement for the 420. The difference is the Accuvoice which we keep turned on all the time. The rest of the sound coming from the 440 seems a bit muted when using the Accuvoice but we think its worth it. Z Vox gave me a 10% discount since my 420 failed, which was nice. 20% would have been nicer! ;)
Easy to install and superior room filling sound